The Embassy’s Political Section advises and assists the Ambassador in communicating between the governments of the United States and the Kingdom of Swaziland on political issues. The section also analyzes political and economic developments in Swaziland. The Political Section also:
- Promotes democracy, rule of law, good governance and respect for human rights in Swaziland.
- Enhances cooperation with the Swazi government on bilateral political issues and on multilateral political issues of mutual interest.
In addition, the Political Section prepares reports on advancing democracy, human rights, international religious freedom, and trafficking in persons. The Political Section also writes reports periodically on political and social developments and trends in each country to include:
- Human Rights
- Democratic progress and elections
- Social and civic freedoms and religious expression
- Labor relations and student activism
For more information about the political situation in Swaziland