Event: Beginning at 9:00 AM on Friday, April 12, 2019, the Swazi Democratic Party (SWADEPA) and other groups are planning a march through Manzini City Center, from Somhlolo Jubilee Park to Manzini Bus Rank. U.S. Embassy personnel have been advised to avoid areas of demonstrations and to exercise caution if in the area of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of demonstrations, knowing that a potential for violence exists.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Exercise extra caution, and consider leaving the area, if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- U.S. Embassy in Eswatini/Swaziland
- Corner of MR103 and Cultural Centre Drive, Ezulwini
- +268 2417 9000
- +268 7602 8414 (after hours duty officer for emergencies)
- State Department, Consular Affairs
- 888-407 4747 or 202-501-4444
- Swaziland/Eswatini country information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages.html
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates: https://step.state.gov/step/ or provide the consular section with your name and contact information by email or telephone.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook