Last updated: [10/2022]
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? NO
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Eswatini? YES
- If so, are test results reliably available within the same day? YES.
- For information on limited humanitarian exemptions, please review the following page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-testing-required-us-entry.html
- U.S. citizens can receive COVID testing at clinics and hospitals within the country. The cost is generally $50. Results are available for pickup the same day.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Eswatini for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- According to Eswatini authorities, the Astra-Zeneca and Pfizer shot is now available to all residents, including non-Swati citizens.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The Ministry of Health has established a toll-free hotline (975) to answer COVID-19 questions and receive reports of suspected cases, particularly from those who have traveled recently to mainland China. The government has designated a focal point for Eswatini’s COVID-19 response. It has also designated one isolation ward within a primary health care facility and a second isolation ward in an alternate health care facility for coronavirus case management.